A pivotal moment in the history of the Ruf came when Alios Ruf himself delivered a freshly sorted 1987 Ruf-modified 911 twin-turbo to the Ehra-Lessien test track for the “Road & Track” World’s Fastest Cars shakedown. The twin-turbo RUF topped the assembled supercars from AMG, Ferrari, Koenig, Lamborghini, and Porsche. So began the ongoing legend of the Ruf Twin-Turbo, also known as the Group C Turbo Ruf or simply CTR. Phil Hill pushed the CTR to 211 MPH for the world’s fastest title. The CTR garnered the nickname Yellow Bird during testing for the July 1987 article. Ruf manufactured a select few CTRs through 1996 preceding the CTR2.
This 1992 3.6L 6 Speed Single Turbo Porsche 964 was transformed by Ruf with documentation to support the conversion.
The top speed of the CTR is without question and backed up by a 0-to-60 MPH time of just 3.7 seconds. Ruf strengthened the Porsche 964 body by seam and spot welding, removing the gutters and adding an integral roll cage. Aluminum body panels help the CTR scale in at just 2,580 pounds. Ruf manufactured its own 6-speed transmission to handle the increase in horsepower created by its hand-built twin-turbocharged Ruf 3.6-liter engine which is rated for 469 horsepower. Race-bred styling set the CTR apart from its production counterparts. NACA-style intake ducts over rear fenders draw in air over the intercooler under the rear spoiler and join polyurethane bumpers and 935-style mirrors. The CTR rides on a set of black 5-spoke Ruf wheels equipped with Michelin UHP tires. Disc brakes work with Ruf calipers. The monster lightweight is a combination of everyday drivability and legendary performance on which Ruf built its reputation on.
The grey interior features Ruf details as well as air conditioning. The Ruf CTR comes with a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, Ruf documentation and has traveled 43,671 miles since new.
– Group C Turbo Ruf CTR
– Started life as a 964 Turbo
– Dubbed the ‘Yellowbird’ during testing by Road & Track magazine
– 0-60 in 3.7 seconds and top speed of 211 MPH
– Weighs only 2,580 pounds
– Turbocharged 3.6L engine with 469 HP
– Custom designed 6-speed transmission
– De-guttered and seam-welded body
– NACA-style intercooler intake ducts over rear fenders
– Lightened body panels, integrated roll cage
– Polyurethane bumpers, 935 style mirrors
– 4-wheel disc brakes with Ruf calipers
– Black 5-spoke Ruf wheels with Michelin tires
– 43,671 miles since new
– Clean CarFax
- There are no features available